We are pleased to announce that while Erith Stadium remains closed, the Bexley AC Committee and Coaching Team are able to provide a restricted return to training using various locations away from Erith Stadium, subject to coach availability.
We will follow the latest England Athletics guidelines. These are available here with the main points incorporated in the summary below (as of June 2020):
For Track and Field athletes
Before leaving home:
- Ensure your coach is aware that you are coming and has acknowledged this. Your coach will advise on how to enlist for a session.
- Parental permission is required for under 18s. An email to the coach will be sufficient.
- Follow all hygiene guidance including washing your hands.
- You must not train if you are unwell. If you start to show symptoms of COVID-19 later in the week, please notify your coach who will ensure other athletes in the group and the Club committee are all informed.
- Ensure you are prepared and have planned for circumstances where injuries or other accidents occur, and you have mitigating procedures and plans in place to resolve the issue while maintaining all government guidance.
- Ensure you have adequate hydration for the session.
- Be aware that most public toilets will not be open.
- Check latest instructions regarding session and meeting location via your coach.
- Training times will vary according to group and will be subject to coach availability.
- We will have a strict limit of 1 coach for every 5 athletes, maintaining social distancing (2m apart if from different households).
- Training groups must not mix with each other.
- The same athletes should train together each week, so maintaining the same social bubble.
- Unexpected athletes will be turned away. Do not ask to be included if the group is full.
- We will meet and train outdoors, away from the club, and will train in open spaces away from other groups as much as possible.
- Athletes do not need to wear face masks or gloves when training, but should be reminded not to touch their faces and to wash/sanitise their hands after training.
- Athletes must not spit during training.
- Athletes are encouraged not to use public transport where possible.
- Coaches (and places) may be limited. In the event that groups are oversubscribed for a session, allocations may have to be made on a rotation basis to make this as fair as possible to all. This will be decided by the coach.
- We will adhere to social distancing within the groups and with the public.
- Please be mindful of the safety of their coach and fellow athletes.
- Please maintain the appropriate social distance measures whilst training and travelling to and from training.
- Do not congregate before or after training, return home when everyone in the group is accounted for. Parents of athletes should wait for their children away from the coaching group and observe social distancing.
- Coaches should try to ensure all athletes get equal opportunities to train. This may mean rotating training groups.
- Ensure social distancing is upheld before, during and after the session.
- Coaches must keep a register of runners that attend for each session.
- This will be done online (Brian will set up lists based on names from coaches).
- Link to your team’s register is here: https://membermojo.co.uk/bexleyac/yourmembership/register (coaches please sign in using your email address and create a password). Contact Brian if you need any help.
- Check that you are up to date with latest EA guidance.
- Use hand sanitiser before and after the session.
- You may only coach up to 5 individuals at any one time. No exceptions.
- Carry out a risk assessment as appropriate, in accordance with standard coaching guidelines.
- Athletes must not train if they are unwell and if an athlete starts to show symptoms of COVID-19 later in the week, they must notify their coach, who will ensure other athletes in the group are informed and that the Committee are informed.
- If coaches are planning to use the hill on the Gravel Hill side of the road, please could they liaise with other coaches using the coaching team email address so that we can ensure there are not too many people using it at the same time: