IMPORTANT: ACTION IS REQUIRED BY ALL ATHLETES WHO WISH TO TRAIN WITH US:
- Step 1: Please ensure your membership and key information is up to date (without this we cannot permit you to train with us).
- Step 2: Please read and abide by the instructions below to enable us to operate safely.
- Step 3: Please ensure you know how to purchase a training pass, since we are no longer operating the token purchase system.
Our COVID-19 Coordinator is Joe O’Hara. The England Athletics guidelines are available here with the main action plan points incorporated in the summary below:
For Road Runners
Before leaving home:
- Ensure your coach is aware that you are coming and has acknowledged this. Your coach will advise on how to enlist for a session.
- Follow all hygiene guidance including washing your hands.
- Ensure you are prepared and have planned for circumstances where injuries or other accidents occur, and you have mitigating procedures and plans in place to resolve the issue while maintaining all government guidance.
- Ensure you have adequate hydration for the session.
- Be aware that most public toilets will not be open.
- Check latest instructions regarding session and meeting location via your coach on WhatsApp.
- Do not train if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Any related symptoms or diagnoses must be indicated on your membership profile immediately.
- Training times will be as normal – 7pm on Tue & Thu (subject to coach availability).
- We will have a strict limit of 1 coach for every 5 runners, maintaining social distancing (2m apart if from different households).
- This limit can be extended to allow larger groups (unlimited numbers) at your coach’s discretion, provided there is 1 coach for every 12 runners and if COVID-19 secure conditions are met. Check with your coach or the Road Running Secretary for more details.
- Unexpected runners will be turned away. Do not ask to be included if capacity has been reached.
- We will meet and train outdoors, away from the club, and will run in open spaces away from other groups as much as possible.
- Coaches (and places) may be limited. In the event that groups are oversubscribed for a session, allocations may have to be made on a rotation basis to make this as fair as possible to all. This will be decided by the lead coach.
- We will adhere to social distancing within the groups and with the public.
- Do not congregate before or after training, return home when everyone in sub-group is accounted for.
- Avoid training in the same location as other road running groups. Alan will suggest some alternative locations where there is parking available.
- Use shared calendar (created by Alan Wright) to specify your training location in advance. All RR coaches will be permitted access.
- Plan routes that make good use of open space or wide pavements in order to facilitate social distancing.
- Arrange in advance a suitable meeting place, allowing for social distancing. For example each subgroup and coach to meet in opposite corners of a car park or different sides of a road. Use common sense and do not allow groups to congregate together.
- If running in groups, leave a suitable gap between each sub-group setting off, to allow social distancing.
- Ensure social distancing is upheld before, during and after the session.
- Coaches must keep a register of runners that attend for each session.
- This will be done online (Brian will set up lists based on names from coaches).
- Link to your team’s register is here: https://membermojo.co.uk/bexleyac/yourmembership/register (coaches please sign in using your email address and create a password). Contact Brian if you need any help.
- Check that you are up to date with latest EA guidance.
- Use hand sanitiser before and after the session.
- Carry out a risk assessment as appropriate, in accordance with standard coaching guidelines. Note: A Road Running risk assessment form has been completed and is available from the Road Running Secretary. Please refer to this and modify / adapt as required.
- During pre-training briefing, check that nobody in the group has exhibited any COVID-19 symptoms. Any new related symptoms or diagnoses must be indicated on the individual’s membership profile immediately.
- If your group is regularly oversubscribed please contact the Road Running Secretary so that we can consider reallocation of coaches across groups.