****The annual Breakfast Run was held on Sunday 2nd February, 2020****
This popular annual event is a training/social run (not a race) organised by the Club for its members, and is ideal for road runners and other members who are interested in a fun and sociable run with friends.
Run starts/ends at: Wilmington Memorial Hall, 96 High Road, Wilmington DA2 7DW
Event parking is at: Wilmington Boys Grammar School, DA2 7DA (approximately 5-10 minutes walk from the start).
Parking spaces may be limited but on-street parking in surrounding roads is available.
Cost: One training token per participant, to help cover the cost of food and hall hire.
There is a choice of 3 distances and start times:
- 15 miles – starts 8:15am
- 10 miles – starts 9:00am
- 6 miles – starts 9:30am
Most importantly there will be a good selection of breakfast treats afterwards back in the hall. We will need plenty of volunteers to help with organising breakfast, drinks, and of course, marshals for the run. Please consider helping if you cannot run. It’s a fun event to be involved with.
Important Details and Safety Information
- Parking address is Wilmington Boys Grammar School, Common Lane, DA2 7DA
- Allow 10 minutes to walk to hall from car park
- Start times: 8.15am (15 miles), 9.00am (10 miles), 9.30am (6 miles)
- Wear light colours or hi-viz
- Maps and road names of routes are available (see above)
- Carry mobile phones and maps
- Save these contact numbers: Rose 07990 549638 & Tony 07889 965674
- You must register at hall before and after run
- There will be marshals and cyclists around the route
- Hall address: Wilmington Memorial Hall, DA2 7DW
- This is a training/social run, not a registered race – please give way to traffic and other road/pavement users
- Please run in single file when on country roads/lanes
- There are no water stations en-route, but some great breakfast snacks at the end!
For more details please contact Rose Arnold.