Cross Country Running
All Bexley AC members aged 11 upwards are able to compete for the club at Cross Country (XC). Great for young track athletes building up the endurance base for next year, or for half/full marathon runners giving a bit of variation in your training. Come and join us, stick on your orange vest and help boost the team, competing against others in Kent and South East London!
We have a Cross Country Facebook group which is a one-stop for information sharing, such as members who can offer (or are looking for) lifts to/from the venues. Known fixtures/dates are listed below, but may be subject to change.
Entry costs and transport:
The club pays for your Kent League entry, so we need you to commit to making at least 2 matches please. For National and Regional Championships we will need a deposit which will be refunded on the day. Please share transport where possible as parking may be limited at some venues.
Kent Cross Country League fixture dates/venues/host clubs for the 2021/22 season.
- Saturday 16 October 2021 – Swanley Park hosted by Dartford Harriers AC
- Saturday 23 October 2021 – Somerhill Schools hosted by Tonbridge AC
- Saturday 13 November 2021 – Danson Park (NO SM) hosted by Bexley AC
- Saturday 27 November 2021 – Footscray Meadows (NO SW) hosted by Cambridge Harriers
- Saturday 12 February 2022 – Norman Park hosted by Blackheath & Bromley
These are the Kent league matches, distance goes from 3k for under 13s to 8k for both men and women. Races usually start from midday with the under 13s, finishing with the older groups, wrapping up in about 3 hours.
VERY IMPORTANT DEADLINE 26TH SEPTEMBER 2021
We need to register you with the league if you are competing. Please contact Kevin Winch or Richard Long at the club or by emailing us
Other dates for the diary:
- London Champs – Parliament Hill (inc London youth games) 20th Nov
- Kent’s Vets at Central Park, Dartford 4th Dec 2021
- Kent Champs at Brands Hatch 8th Jan 2022
- Southern Champs venue tbc 29th Jan 2022
- National Champs at Parliament Hill 26th Feb 2022
In order to compete you need to be a member of the Club & wear the Club colours.
Cambridge Harriers XC Races:
We are invited to take part in the Cambridge Harriers XC series. Dates are:
5 mile: Sat 30th October 2021
7.5 mile: Tue 28th December 2021
10 mile: Sat 5th Feb 2022
These races start at 12pm, meeting in the Cambridge Harriers clubhouse at 11am for registration. Entry is £5 paid on the day.