Each year we select a series of races that comprise our Road Running challenge, known as the ‘Grand Prix‘.
Road Runners are all invited to enter these races, and your results will be tabulated. Prizes will then be awarded at the annual Presentation Evening, usually held in October.
But this year we’re doing something different……
This year there will be 4 divisions of ability, initially based on the club’s Road Running group that you are in. This means more prizes!
Some people are in a group but well above the ability of the rest of the group. If that applies, you will be placed in the division above for the Grand Prix. This will be decided by the Road Running Secretary (Alan Wright) and the relevant Coach.
Awards will be presented for each male winner and each female winner in each division.
A special award will be presented to the overall male and female winners (this will be instead of their division award).
- For each division 10 points will be awarded to the first place Bexley AC athlete, 9 points for second place etc.
- Gun time race position will be used to calculate points, not Chip Times (except the marathon)
- All finishing athletes will be awarded a minimum of 1 point
- A PB (personal best) in the race (not the distance) will gain 1 more point. Proof must be by history available on the specific race’s website
- To qualify you must compete in minimum of 5 races. The best 8 will count towards your points score
- Any marathon
- 27 January – Canterbury 10 Mile (note this is already full)
- 10 February – Ashford & District 10k
- 17 February – Vigo 10
- 3 March – Dartford Half Marathon
- 7 April – Paddock Wood Half Marathon
- May (tbd) – Joydens Woods 5k
- 12 May – Darent Valley 10k
- 1 June – Harvel 5 (Note: on sale noon March 3rd – it will sell out in minutes!)
- 30 June – North Downs 30k
- 7 July – Herne Bay 10k
- September – Larkfield 10k
Any questions please contact Alan Wright or email .