This year the Bexley AC Myra Garrett 10k and Fun Run will take place on Sunday 23rd July 2017.
Both races will be run in and around the beautiful Danson Park. This year’s 10k will take in a new (faster) course which includes mixed terrain through the the park and nearby roads.
- 3k Fun Run will start at 9.30am Enter online
- Full 10k will start 10.30am Enter online
- Race numbers are to be collected on the day
- Both events will be fully marshalled
- Medals for all fun runners
- Entries available on the day up to 30 minutes before race start
- Enter online via Run Britain
- Entry Form Myra Garrett 2017 (to download / print / post)
- Safety Notice
This year we are very happy to be supporting Bexley Mencap. Each entry will include a donation to the charity (£1 per 10k entry and 50p per fun run entry). The Bexley Mencap team will have several runners taking part in in the event, supported by Bexley AC.
Bexley AC member Nick Marsden has been helping to coach a fantastic fitness group. The group started as a pilot project for Mencap in May 2014 and has continued ever since. The sessions offer running and fitness for members of Bexley Mencap and their friends and family. They attend events together such as the Greenwich & Bexley Hospice annual Santa Dash in Danson Park.
Link: England Athletics News Bexley Mencap’s innovative RunTogether keep fit scheme for people with learning disabilities has been selected by Tesco as one of their 3 good causes for Superstores in Bexley during Feb 2017.
Results and information from previous events:
A big thank you to all the competitors and marshals we hope you all enjoyed the races, some previous years results below:
Danson Park, Danson Road, Bexleyheath, Kent. DA6 8HL