Each year we identify a series of races that comprise our Road Running Challenges, known as the ‘Grand Prix‘. This includes a selection of road races, plus the ‘10k Challenge‘ and the ‘Trail Grand Prix‘. Road Runners are welcome to enter these races as normal, but your results will be tabulated and prizes will be awarded at the annual Presentation Evening, usually held in October.
As you will see from the list below there are three competitions to target covering a variety of distances and terrains.
- 6 races best 4 to score
- 10 points are awarded to the first Bexley athlete, 9 points for second etc.
- Gun time race position will be used to calculate points, not Chip Times. *
- All finishing athletes awarded a minimum of 1 point.
- Any athlete not completing 4 races will be removed and any points allocated below them in the points table will be reallocated.
Note: *Marathon points will be allocated on chip times of combined April Marathon results. Competing in a Marathon or 20-mile race is no longer a prerequisite to eligibility to the Road Running Grand Prix.
2019 Grand Prix Challenges
Details of the races to be included for the 2019 Challenges will be published here when available. To give you an idea, these are the races that were included in 2018:
Road Running Grand Prix Races
- Canterbury 10 Mile
- Dartford Half Marathon – March
- Spring Marathon e.g. London, Brighton
- Paddock Wood Half Marathon
- Chislehurst Half Marathon
- Sittingbourne 10 miles
- Darenth Valley 10k
- Orpington 10k
- Herne Bay 10k
- Olympic Park 10k
- Chislehurst Chase 10k
- Dartford Bridge 10k
Trail Grand Prix
- Vigo 10
- Joydens Wood 5k
- Harvel 5
- Bewl 15
- Sevenoaks 7
- Eridge 10